Why Niagara Falls Is The Best Waterfall In The World
There are lots of beautiful waterfalls around the world but none come close to Niagara Falls. Nowhere else on the planet are there as many sights, sounds, experiences and attractions centered around a waterfall. In the surrounding areas there are vineyards, casinos, arcades, and of course, tours and views of the actual falls. Whether you’re travelling solo or with your family, there is something in the Niagara region for everyone.
Read on for more details about why Niagara Falls is the Best Waterfall in the world.
There is a wide variety of tourist activities in the areas surrounding Niagara Falls meaning that there is something for everyone to enjoy during your visit. These activities include:
- The Hornblower boat cruise: This boat cruise allows you to experience the power of the mighty Niagara Falls. You’ll be able to see the falls up close and personal, feel the mist from the waterfalls on your face and hear the rumbling of the water pounding. Just make sure you wear the provided rain poncho because you’re guaranteed to get wet!
- Skylon Tower Outdoor Observation Deck: This world-famous tower has a stunning 360-degree view of the Falls. It features not only an indoor and outdoor observation deck but also a 158-metre glass elevator where you can see the area at various heights as you ascend. The Skylon Tower is without a doubt the best place to observe the natural wonder in the area.
- Niagara on the Lake: This charming town is about a 20-minute drive from the Falls. It is an enchanting area filled with lovely stores and cafes alongside historic homes and buildings. In fact, it is home to the first provincial parliament in Canada from 1792. A visit to Niagara on the Lake must be included on every trip to Niagara Falls.
- Niagara Wineries: The Niagara region is home to not only the wondrous Falls but is also affably referred to as “wine country.” The area is home to an assortment of award-winning vineyards where you’re able to taste wines like Niagara Ice Wine and understand why they’re world-renowned. If wine isn’t your favourite, there are also markets with fresh local fruits and tasty jams available for purchase.
- Queenston Heights Brock Monument: Sir. General Isaac Brock was a British Army officer who successfully defended Upper Canada against the United States in the significant War of 1812. View this monument to this integral figure from Canadian history in the Niagara River Valley to get a snapshot of the heritage in the area.
- Niagara Parks Floral Clock: After the Falls, this is one of the most photographed sights in the area. It is a vibrant horticultural phenomenon that spans more than 12 metres. Throw a coin into the wishing pond for some extra luck during your stay in the Niagara region.
- Hydro Power Station: The Hydro Electric Power Generating Stations in the Niagara Region are some of the largest in the country. The total generating capacity is a whopping 4 million kilowatts. Stop here to learn more about the amazing ways the powers of the Falls can be harnessed.
- Whirlpool Rapids & Niagara Gorge: This is a fantastic lookout that features a view of the 12,000-year-old origin point of the Falls. It additionally provides a home for Class 6, the most dangerous designation in the world, White Water Rapids and the Worlds Largest Natural Whirlpool. This natural wonder is the cherry on top of the world-famous falls.
- Helicopter Tour: This ride of a lifetime offers an unforgettable birds-eye view of the Falls with a guided commentary. For a journey that will allow you to see the true glory of the Niagara region, add a helicopter tour to your itinerary.
Proximity to Toronto
One of the best things about Niagara Falls is its proximity to the capital city of Ontario, Toronto. Whether you’re coming from out of the province or out of the country, it’s a great idea to do a day trip from this vibrant metropolis to the Niagara region.
You can make your own package deal and see all the sights and sounds from two of Ontario’s biggest tourist attractions. It is only about a one and half hour drive and tours like Niagara Toronto Tours get you there and back with a bunch of fun stops and free time in between.
The experienced tour guides will provide valuable information and be able to answer any of your questions on the way. To experience the best waterfall in the world firsthand reserve your spot with Niagara Toronto Tours today!